tourism today is a new industry collaboration to pull together and anonymise data from all corners of Africa. We use the data to construct insites and highlight trends so that the users can be well informed on what is driving the industry. Its available on the web, has recently gone live and we are currently expanding the base of users and the PMS systems that supply us with data.
Have a look here tourism.today to find out more.
Sales and Travel Movements
- KPI’s: Illustrates that we are tracking 423 properties in 27 Areas across 11 countries. Tracks the number of Reservations and Bednights created over the last week compared to that a week ago.
- The Bar Graph shows how many bednights have been booked (all status’s) over the past 4 months, compared to the equivalent period in each of the past two years.
- Table 1 displays the destination countries and the number of bednights created over the past 30 days, with the percentage change compared to each of the past two years.
- Table 2 displays the source countries that have booked in the last 30 days. If you click on the ‘+’ adjacent to a country’s name, the display will drill down to the regions within that country. As can be seen in Table 1.
- The line graph between the two tables shows when those bookings will be travelling.